Having ample opportunities and job prospects in the healthcare sector requires certain degrees and skills. B.Sc.MLT is one such course in the healthcare sector that can fetch you a lucrative career in India as well as abroad. The positive side of pursuing this course is the work profile, pay scale, and career growth that comes along with this course. If science and especially Molecular Biology has been your favorite, then you must plan your career in this field. It is an undergraduate, 3 years course divided further into semesters where students are taught about different aspects of health care. Apart from theoretical knowledge, the students are also taught to perform various diagnostic analyses on body fluids, including hematology, bacteriology, immunologic, chemical, and microscopic during the course. The most common subjects taught in B.Sc.MLT programs are Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, Diagnostic Cytology, etc. To know in detail about this course, continue to read below.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology is an undergraduate course with a duration of 3 years. It comes under the healthcare and medical sector. The candidates interested to enroll in this course need to secure a minimum of 50% in their 10+2 examination in the science stream with PCMB as compulsory subjects for being eligible. Many colleges and institutes offer a regular course while some also provide internship opportunities in various healthcare organizations, to help the candidates have hands-on experience on it! After completing B.Sc.MLT course from a recognized and reputed university, one can easily get job opportunities in various educational institutes, private, and government hospitals! Most of the colleges and universities that offer BSc MLT courses provide admissions to the aspiring candidates based on entrance examinations conducted by them while some private institutions also provide direct admissions to the students based on their 10+2 marks or grades.
Students who aspire to pursue B.Sc.MLT courses must fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by every institution or educational organization. Here are some most common eligibility criteria followed by the majority of the colleges or universities:
- A minimum of 50% or equivalent marks in 10+2 from the recognized education board.
- Candidates must have qualified their 10+2 in Science with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects.
- The candidate must be medically fit
Admission to the B.Sc. MLT course is often based on entrance tests but there are some private colleges and universities that provide direct admission to students for this course. The marks secured by the students in their last degree/10+2-degree play a major role in helping the students get direct admission in B.Sc. MLT Course in private institutes. Hence, it’s not a piece of cake to get admission to this course! Read below to know every single detail about getting admission in B.Sc.MLT Course, so that you can easily proceed in this field further.
- The candidates need to apply for admission in their desired college in the online or offline mode and wait for appearing in the selection process.
- Before the selection process, the universities/colleges release the appropriate merit lists containing the names of the candidates along with their ranks that are calculated based on the previous academic records of the students.
- Then the college or university calls the candidate for counseling rounds, where they get an option to select their desired college or courses
- Getting the desired college and course is also dependent upon the merit list, seat availability of the college, and ranking of the students among other candidates
Admission procedure Based On Entrance Test
- Candidates need to fill up the application form for appearing in the entrance exam along with paying the required fee for final application form submission
- After giving the entrance exam, the conducting body will release the merit list containing the name of the candidates along with their scores and ranks.
- If the candidate qualifies in the entrance test, they are further called for counseling for proceeding with the admission procedure where they will be asked to select their preferred course and college/university.
- Admission to the courses is purely based on ranks and scores obtained by the applicants in the entrance examination, the course & college chosen, and the availability of seats in the preferred choices.
While the average course fee for B.Sc.MLT Course ranges from 2Lakhs – 4Lakhs per annum, but at STAREX University, the annual course fee is just Rs. 64000/– per annum.
The course syllabus is divided into 6 semesters. Down below we have noted down the entire syllabus included in B.Sc.MLT course.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Human Anatomy I||Human Anatomy II|
|Human Physiology-I||Human Physiology II|
|Health Education & Health Communication||Bio-Medical Waste Management|
|PC Software Lab||Human Anatomy-II|
|Human Anatomy-I Lab||Practical: Human Physiology-II|
|Human Physiology-I Lab||Practical: Biochemistry-I|
|Biochemistry-I Lab||Communication Lab|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Pathology-I||Pathology – II|
|Clinical Haematology-I||Clinical Haematology-II|
|Immunology & Serology-I||Immunology & Serology-II|
|Histopathology & Histotechniques -I||Histopathology & Histotechniques -II|
|Clinical Haematology-I Lab||Clinical Haematology-II Lab|
|Microbiology, Immunology & Serology – I Lab||Microbiology, Immunology & Serology – II Lab|
|Histopathology & Histotechniques -I Lab||Histopathology & Histotechniques -II Lab|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Immunohematology & Blood Banking||Clinical Endocrinology &Toxicology|
|Clinical Enzymology & Automation||Advanced Diagnostic Techniques|
|Parasitology & Virology||Diagnostic Molecular Biology|
|Diagnostic Cytology||Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab|
|Principles of Lab Management & Medical Ethics||Advanced Diagnostic Techniques Lab|
|Clinical Enzymology Lab||Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab|
|Parasitology & Virology Lab||Internship Project|
|Diagnostic Cytology Lab|
Salary and Job Prospects after pursuing B.Sc.MLT Course
After completing your B.Sc. MLT course and getting a degree, you get many opportunities to practice your expertise in the healthcare sector. You can expect an average salary package of around Rs.3lakhs-5Lakhs per annum. Below, we have mentioned the best career opportunities you get after completing your B.Sc. MLT Course.
|Job profile||Job locations||Expected salary (Annually)|
|Medical Record Technician||Government hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, etc.||Rs.1.5lakhs -4 lakhs|
|Medical Officer||Government authority or various health departments||Rs.2 Lakhs to Rs.5.5Lakhs|
|Laboratory Manager||Hospitals, health centers||Rs.2lakhs-3 lakhs|
|Lab Assistants||scientific and medical laboratory settings||Rs.1 Lakh- 2.5Lakhs|
Are you ready to build a promising career in the healthcare department? Get in touch with us now to know more about any other doubts or queries by clicking on the link: www.careersinparamedical.com